Yanque, Colca Canyon, Arequipa region
1 day rides: Rides from 2-7 hours long from our ranch in Yanque
Rides are available for rides of all ages and levels 365 days a year. Rides can be tailored to your requests and with our partner ranches in other regions of Peru as well. The Colca Valley is "the real Wild West" and little visited. Visitors can expect unique and intimate experiences. Our ranch is just inside the archway at the entrance of Yanque village and run by expert holistic horseman Wilbert Malaga.
Leaving from our ranch in Yanque, Colca Canyon, Arequipa region:
- 2 hour ride - 60 usd per person
- 3 hour ride - 80 usd per person
- 4 hour ride - 95 usd per person
- Full-day ride - 125 usd per person (includes lunch)
- Other Specialty rides - prices vary
2 hour Yanque Mirador ride
- for riders of all levels. Enjoy spectacular views of the agricultural terraces, the river, Pre-Incan sites and the canyon around Yanque village, from a high lookout above the town.
3 hour visit to Uyo Uyo Pre-Incan village
- for riders of all levels. Ride across the canyon over ancient bridges to visit Uyo Uyo, a well preserved Pre-Incan village that was the central point for all of the early peoples in the Colca region.
3 hour Pallaclli mountain ridge
- for riders of all levels. Ride up above the village of Yanque to enjoy a 360 degree views of the Collaguas tribes reign over the areas of Chivay, Coporaque and Yanque. We will decend from the temple of the Virgin of Chapi, though still actively cultivated agricultural terraces and a small forest of ancient native Andean trees.
4 hour journey to Uyo Uyo ancient village and the town of Coporaque
- for riders of all levels. Crossing over a colonial bridge, we will climb up through the terraces to reach the archaological zone of the ancient village of Uyo Uyo, then ride over a high ridge, passing the pre-incan village of Chiqra where medicinal plants were cultivates for the Collagua and Cabana pre-incans. We will visit the beautiful village of Coporaque and then return to Yanque over a suspension bridge, viewing the Colcas (stone grain storage baskets) deep inside the canyon.
Full Day Expedition to Uyo Uyo, Coporaque and Natural Hotsprings
- for intermediate to advanced riders. After crossing the Canyon we will visit the pre-incan village of Uyo Uyo, central administration point for the entire Colca Valley. Then we will ride over a high ridge, passing ancient farms and the Yuraq Qacca tombs. We will enjoy a lunch full of regional flavours in the village of Coporaque and then descend for a dip in the beautiful natural hotsprings at the riverside before crossing the river on horseback and returing to our ranch in Yanque. (lunch is included, please bring bathing clothes and a towel)
Payment is required to book any journey. A standard responsiblity release waiver provided by the ranch much be signed by each rider. Upon requesting a booking a delatiled list of conditions, inclusions and exclusions will be provided. No cancelations or refunds will be made after booking. For any concerns please contact the ranch.