Maras Salt Flats, Misminay Community & Moray
2 day Sacred Valley, Maras Salt Flats, Misminay Community & Moray
: Ride and experience authentic Anden culture spending the night in a remote village.
A 2 day expedition visiting archaeological sites, crossing the high plains and becoming part of tradtional village life high above the Sacred Valley. On this ride we can accommodate riders of all levels who feel ready to embark on this epic adventure, please ask us.
- 1 day trip option - 145 US$ (available 15 May- 15 October)
- 2 day trip option - 495 US$
- Including meals, entrance to the Salt Flats, activities and lodging
- *entrance to the main part of Moray is optional and requires a valid 'Boleto Turistico'
1 Day Expedition - Advanced Riders
Leaving the ranch at 8:00am we will ride to Maras Salt Flats, visit the site and then keep on climbing into the Maras agricultural plains., After passing through the town of Maras we'll enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch with a 360 degree panoramic view. After lunch we will cross the wide plains to arrive at Moray Incan Agricultural Laboratory before beginning our decent down a serpentine road into the Sacred Valley, arriving around 5:00pm. 1 day expedition available from May 15-Oct 15.
2 day Expedition - Intermediate to Advanced Riders
- Leaving the ranch at 9:00am we will ride to Maras Salt Flats and then up to the high village of Maras where we will enjoy lunch before crossing some gullies and the vast agricultural lands. When we arrive at the village of Misminay we will be greeted by a small community of families that will be our hosts for the night, teaching us about Andean food, traditional textiles and medicinal plants. We'll spend the night in a cozy adobe home and enjoy amazing views and total tranquility.
- In the morning we will ride to a private viewpoint above the Incan agricultural laboratory of Moray then down to the crest of the valley to enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch facing majestic glaciers and sacred mountains. After lunch we'll ride down a serpentine trail to reach the river, then ride past pre-Incan tombs and along the valley back to our ranch.
Check out our story about this epic journey on our blog!
Payment is required to book any journey. A standard responsiblity release waiver provided by the ranch much be signed by each rider. Upon requesting a booking a delatiled list of conditions, inclusions and exclusions will be provided. No cancelations or refunds will be made after booking. For any concerns please contact the ranch. Entrance ticket to the main part of Moray archaeological zone is not included, time dependant and optional.