Wakrapukara Remote Incan Fortress
Wakrapukara Remote Incan Fortress 3 day, 2 night horseback excursion
: For adventurous riders
This is our absolute favourite expedition. Travel to Acomayo region, stay in a community lodge on a beautiful lake, ride an exhileration trail to the enigmatic Wakrapukara Incan fortress. This is the ride of your lifetime, a journey that will take your breath away. On this tour we work with local horseman and guide Edward Rimachi who is deeply connected to the land, the horses and very knowledgeable about the region and site.
- 560 US$ per person
- Including transport to and from Cusco, meals and accommodations. Minimum 2 participants.
- Contact us for the tour details depending on your group size and needs.
- Travel to the beautiful community lodge on Pomacanchi lake
- Enjoy an Andean dinner and stories around the fireplace
- Travel by car up to Acomayo canyon to begin our ride to Wakrapukara
- Picnic lunch
- Return to the village and to the lakeside lodge for dinner
- Travel to the canyon to ride to a lower part of the canyon
- Participate in a traditional Andean offering to the earth and picnic lunch
- Travel home
All throughout this excursion you will enjoy absolutely stunning landscape. You will experience a deep connecting with your horse. and with the land. Wakrapukara is a mysterious Incan fortress perched high on a mountain, deep in the center of Acomayo canyon. The journey to reach is it extreme and offers 360 degree views of monumental geography. Please read our blog about the journey.
This tour is appropriate for intermediate to advanced riders. We reach altitudes above 4500 meters and sleep at 3800 meters. We are likely to encounter all weather conditions. If you have any questions about your riding experience or adaptability to the conditions, please contact us. Payment is required to book any journey. A standard responsiblity release waiver provided by the ranch much be signed by each rider. Upon requesting a booking a delatiled list of conditions, inclusions and exclusions will be provided. No cancelations or refunds will be made after booking. For any concerns please contact the ranch.