2 Days Ride
**For intermediate to Advanced Riders
to PUMAHUANCA INCAN FOREST IN THE SACRED VALLEY, CUSCO (per person - 465 US$)
*only available May 15-Oct 15
- Peruvian Paso horse & safety gear
- A skilled guide/riding instructor, in your language
- Gourmet picnic meals
- Water & snacks
- Camping gear on the 2 day journey
We begin the ride at 9 am and return to the ranch at 4 pm. Approximate riding time 5 hours.
Ride up from the Sacred Valley through a deep forest, along a rushing river to reach Pumahuanca Incan refuge and view 'colca' ancient storehouses along the way. The rocky mountain trail iis through a sheltering forest. At the top we will enjoy views across the valley and over to the high plains of Maras. This ride can be done as a 1 day expedition or an overnight trip.
This ride takes us way up a valley, along ancient trails that connect the Sacred Valley to the jungle and Machu Picchu. After passing through a rural zone of the town of Urubamba we begin our ascent into the forest alongside the rushing river of Pumahuanca. Our mid journey destination is the Incan refuge high above the valley, a place where Chaski travellers would stop, rest and store their goods along this important Incan trade route. Our high resting spot offers incredible 360 degree views.
we will spend the night camping at the ancient sanctuary, hiking further up the valley to experience travelling along the important throughway to the jungle, learning about native medicine plants, farming and livestock raising in the Andes. Two day trips are available May 15- Oct. 15.
to Sacred Valley, Maras Salt Flats, Misminay Community & Moray (per person - 495 US$)
-meals, entrance to the Salt Flats, activities and lodging
-*entrance to the main part of Moray is optional and requires a valid 'Boleto Turistico'
Ride and experience authentic Anden culture spending the night in a remote village.
A 2 day expedition visiting archaeological sites, crossing the high plains and becoming part of tradtional village life high above the Sacred Valley. On this ride we can accommodate riders of all levels who feel ready to embark on this epic adventure, please ask us.
- Leaving the ranch at 9:00am we will ride to Maras Salt Flats and then up to the high village of Maras where we will enjoy lunch before crossing some gullies and the vast agricultural lands. When we arrive at the village of Misminay we will be greeted by a small community of families that will be our hosts for the night, teaching us about Andean food, traditional textiles and medicinal plants. We'll spend the night in a cozy adobe home and enjoy amazing views and total tranquility.
- In the morning we will ride to a private viewpoint above the Incan agricultural laboratory of Moray then down to the crest of the valley to enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch facing majestic glaciers and sacred mountains. After lunch we'll ride down a serpentine trail to reach the river, then ride past pre-Incan tombs and along the valley back to our ranch.